Certified Hoshin Planning Facilitator
In an increasingly ambiguous and volatile world, effective strategic planning is becoming a core competency for any business or operational leader. Yet, this discipline is under-developed in many organizations. At worst, immature strategic planning processes can reduce rather than increase coherence across an organization. Successful strategic planning requires expert facilitation and the application of proven state-of-the-art methods to make best use of the combined brainpower and creative diversity in an organization. Strategic plans can then predictably exploit the best opportunities and result in strategy execution that works.
Location - Denver, CO or Orlando, FL
After completing this course participants will:
- Understand the breadth and depth of the body of knowledge around strategy development, planning, and execution
- Know how to validate a given strategy and ensure it is robust
- Know how to translate this strategy into a strategic plan that works using Hoshin Planning
- Know how to keep the execution of this plan on track
After successful certification, participants will be able to:Apply state-of-the-art approaches for strategy using a dynamic, facilitated approach Use Hoshin Planning as a disciplined approach to strategic planning Support and orientate company leaders in strategic planning activities
Mission-critical for reaching these objectives is the willingness to read and reflect, seek expert-coaching where needed, and to continuously sharpen the required influencing and facilitation skills.
Prereading and assigned e-learning
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone leading strategic planning in an organization
- Business leaders looking to plan strategy in a predictable and reliable manner at either corporate or operational level
Detailed Course Information
This certification program is designed to build the relevant skills for those working in a strategic planning or strategy execution role. Participants will learn how to validate and update strategy, how to translate this strategy into a coherent strategic plan, how to align it with the entire organization, and how to keep the execution of this plan on track throughout a planning cycle by engaging leadership, management, and employees in a facilitated approach to strategic planning and execution.
Participants will become familiar with concepts in strategy creation and how to connect these to Hoshin Kanri-based strategic planning. Specifically, the course will give students foundational knowledge in the Hoshin Planning process, how to use its tools for strategic planning, and how to manage a facilitated strategy execution process. Certified students will graduate with the skills of Hoshin Planning as well as the ability to manage the Hoshin Planning process to deliver results through monthly and annual strategy reviews.
Demonstrating their newly acquired skills in one annual planning cycle and its execution will make the certified participants invaluable enablers for structured strategy creation, strategic planning, and strategy execution.
Introduction to Strategy - Current State of Affairs
- Operational Strategy Model
- Strategic Thinking with Analytical Tools
- Strategy Building with Poster - Reverse Engineering a strategy
- Vision, Breakthrough Objectives
Introduction to Hoshin Kanri Methodology
- Planning Tool - X-Matrix
- Deploy and Implement Strategy throughout an organization
- Implementation with 5 key tools
- Effective Transformation
- Daily Management Disciplines and performance excellence tools
System Requirements: Internet connection with modern browser
Operating System: Microsoft Windows (7 and higher) or Apple Mac OS X
Display Properties Setting: Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution
Recommended Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge
For the best experience and optimum security, we recommend that you keep your browser up to date.
Legacy browsers with known issues:
Internet Explorer 10 and below
Safari 7 and below
Note: the course content requires that any pop-up blocker be disabled
Lean Methods Group reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule courses and to change instructors. We will do our best to ensure you are aware of changes 6 weeks prior to the course start date. Please be advised that in the event of a course cancellation, Lean Methods Group is not responsible for airfare penalties or other travel related expenses you may incur.
While we recognize the need to cancel due to unforeseen events, we kindly ask that you consider the other students in this course when cancelling your enrollment. We ask for 6-weeks advance notice so that we may fill your spot and ensure a fun class for the other students.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 6 weeks before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer to another workshop
- Requests received within 4 weeks of the course shall receive a 50% refund.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- We can transfer your course fees to another Lean Methods e-learning or instructor-led course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs, PDUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.