Many courses teach Lean concepts but leave out the necessary skills for aligning Lean activities with strategic objectives, solving real process problems and continuously improving operations. The Lean Practitioner course moves beyond knowledge into the realm of application—teaching you a blend of basic and intermediate techniques that you can apply in any industry. Students will attend 4 in-person sessions and blend this learning with Lean Methods’ state-of-the-art online Lean Concepts and Tools.
Location - Orlando FL
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the 8 types of waste
- Identify Value
- Learn how to use a Value Stream Map
- Strive for Perfection
- Understand flow tools
- Understand pull tools
- Understand daily management
- Will have an understanding of Lean & Six Sigma
Who Should Attend?
- Candidates enrolled in the Master Black Belt Development program.
- Candidates enrolled in the Lean Master Development program.
- Performance excellence practitioners who want to expand their knowledge of Lean.
In order to receive certification, participants must actively participate in all five days of training and pass Lean Methods Group’s Lean Concepts and Tools exam.
Detailed Course Information
What is a Lean Practitioner?
These part-time resources carry the language of Lean deeper into the organization. They support and sometimes lead smaller scale projects, and also assist Lean Leaders and Lean Masters with team activities and tool application. Lean Practitioners become local advocates for continuous improvement and problem solving, and accelerate number of employees positively affected by Lean.
11.5 PDUs are available for this course.
Value Stream Mapping
- Current State
- Future State
- Implement Pull
- Strive for Perfection
- Value Stream Assessment
Deployment Sustainment Cycle
- Daily management
System Requirements: Internet connection with modern browser
Operating System: Microsoft Windows (7 and higher) or Apple Mac OS X
Display Properties Setting: Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution
Recommended Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge
For the best experience and optimum security, we recommend that you keep your browser up to date.
Legacy browsers with known issues:
Internet Explorer 10 and below
Safari 7 and below
Note: the course content requires that any pop-up blocker be disabled
Lean Methods Group reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule courses and to change instructors. We will do our best to ensure you are aware of changes 6 weeks prior to the course start date. Please be advised that in the event of a course cancellation, Lean Methods Group is not responsible for airfare penalties or other travel related expenses you may incur.
While we recognize the need to cancel due to unforeseen events, we kindly ask that you consider the other students in this course when cancelling your enrollment. We ask for 6-weeks advance notice so that we may fill your spot and ensure a fun class for the other students.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 6 weeks before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer to another workshop
- Requests received within 4 weeks of the course shall receive a 50% refund.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- We can transfer your course fees to another Lean Methods e-learning or instructor-led course of your choice.
You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs, PDUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.