Advancing a business requires significant change. Many corporate leaders, while well-versed in the more technical skills of implementing a new initiative, aren’t as well-versed in the psychology of change and the process to lead and sustain it. This five-day Change Leadership course helps you become a stronger and more capable change leader—providing all the knowledge, tools, skills, and coaching you need to lead change in your organization. This course focuses on the specific actions and behaviors you’ll need to perform as you lead or participate in change initiatives in your company.
Four labs, two consecutive 4-hour days typically over 7-8 weeks, eight 4-hour sessions in total
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Lead and implement change efforts at multiple levels within their organization.
- Recognize and implement the key elements that make change sustainable.
- Develop and implement a change strategy and plan.
- Develop a vision and unify people behind it.
- Analyze the position of key stakeholders and the keys to influencing them in the right direction.
- Identify and avoid the top eight mistakes of change.
- Identify resistance and create strategies to overcome it.
- Identify and manage conflict for positive results.
Completion of a DiSC profile, assigned reading
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone leading change in an organization
- Candidates in the Lean Methods Group’s Lean Master and Master Black Belt development programs
- Black Belts and Green Belts who want to develop their leadership abilities
Detailed Course Information
Advancing a business requires significant change. Many corporate leaders, while well-versed in the more technical skills of implementing a new initiative, aren’t as well-versed in the psychology of change and the process to lead and sustain it.
This Change Leadership course helps you become a stronger and more capable change leader—providing all the knowledge, tools, skills and coaching you need to lead change in your organization.
Most think change is about issuing directives and clearly communicating with stakeholders—but it requires far more. Leading successful and sustainable change requires knowing what you want to accomplish and setting the stage for the change desired. It requires having a detailed plan. You have to know how to overcome the inevitable resistance, effectively manage conflict, and allow people to find a connection to the change and want to commit. And you have to gain insight about yourself so you can become more effective in your communication and interactions with others.
This course focuses on the specific actions and behaviors you’ll need to perform as you lead or participate in change initiatives in your company. The change model you’ll master was derived from the proven work of such experts as John Kotter, Kenneth Thomas and Ralph Kilmann.
Through a workshop environment, you participate in powerful games, exercises, evaluations, practice sessions, meaningful interactions, and a patented and very effective computer simulation called Change Pro®.
36 PDUs are available for this course.
- Vision of You As a Change Leader
- Change Begins with You
- Sharing a Vision
- Inspiring a Sense of Urgency
- Gaining Buy-in
- Understanding Resistance to Change
- Dealing with Difficult Behavior
- Dealing With Conflict
- Leveraging Communications
- Institutionalizing Change
- Assessing your Change
System Requirements: Internet connection with modern browser
Operating System: Microsoft Windows (7 and higher) or Apple Mac OS X
Display Properties Setting: Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution
Recommended Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge
For the best experience and optimum security, we recommend that you keep your browser up to date.
Legacy browsers with known issues:
Internet Explorer 10 and below
Safari 7 and below
Note: the course content requires that any pop-up blocker be disabled
Lean Methods Group reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule courses and to change instructors. We will do our best to ensure you are aware of changes 6 weeks prior to the course start date. Please be advised that in the event of a course cancellation, Lean Methods Group is not responsible for airfare penalties or other travel related expenses you may incur.
While we recognize the need to cancel due to unforeseen events, we kindly ask that you consider the other students in this course when cancelling your enrollment. We ask for 6-weeks advance notice so that we may fill your spot and ensure a fun class for the other students.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 6 weeks before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer to another workshop
- Requests received within 4 weeks of the course shall receive a 50% refund.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- We can transfer your course fees to another Lean Methods e-learning or instructor-led course of your choice.
You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs, PDUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.